For both homes and businesses, awnings and coverings are a great way to improve comfort, boost appearance, protect furnishings, and lower energy costs. If you are looking for an experienced and professional awning company to help improve your home or business, we’ve got you covered! Contact us today to learn more. Read on to learn about some of the benefits of awnings and other shade structures.
Benefits Of Awnings, Canopies & Coverings
- A natural way to help shade and cool your home or business.
- Helps cut costs on your energy bills since awning fabric doesn’t trap heat and moisture you could see as much as up to 25% savings on your air conditioning bill.
- Air conditioners run more efficiently when coupled with awnings.
- A low maintenance addition to your home or business as well as being a customized timeless investment.
- Reduces the amount of heat that comes through glass windows, windows are responsible for allowing 48% of solar heat into your home or business, that is almost half of your heating battle.
- The American Society of Heating and Air Conditioner Engineers shows that an awning can reduce heat gain by 55 to 65 percent on southern windows, and on western windows up 72 to 77 percent in the summer season.
- Awnings and patio covers can help lower your temperature indoors anywhere between 8 to 15 degrees, making your cooling more efficient.
- Canopies, awnings, cabanas, sail shades, and other coverings allow you to enjoy and entertain outside while being in the comfort of the shade on top of giving you excellent UV protection on the sunniest days.
- Awnings will also help protect your indoor furniture and art from the sun’s UV rays that may cause fading.
- Awnings can help with sun and rain damage to windows and doors.
- Storefront awnings can help personalize and promote your business storefront.
- If you already have an existing awning that is in need of help, give us a call and we can recover it for you.
- Having an awning or shade structure can help protect your wood deck from warping, and protect you and your family on rainy days, too.
- With a garden canopy or porch awning, you can protect your kids’ play area, giving them protection from the sun. This also helps keep metal toy parts from reaching scorching temperatures, too.
- The Skin Cancer Foundation has given Sunbrella® brand fabrics its “Seal of Recommendation.”
- After passing The Skin Cancer Foundation’s rigorous testing, Sunbrella® fabrics have been proven to provide up to 98% protection from the sun’s harmful rays when used as a shade structure.
As you can see, awnings and canopies not only look great and can be customized to fit your personal style, but they also have many functional benefits that can help to keep you and your family safe and comfortable.
3. Awning fabrics become self-cleaning owned and operated by Glen Raven
4. Cleaning indoor furniture.
5. Cleaning outdoor furniture.
Cleaning Instructions for FIRESIST
FIRESIST is easy to maintain. It can be washed or simply brushed and rinsed. Proper care and cleaning will help keep FIRESIST looking great for years. Below are some suggestions for cleaning your FIRESIST awnings and coverings:
For normal care and cleaning, add 2 ounces of mild soap (such as Woolite, Dreft, Ivory) to 1 gallon of lukewarm water. Clean fabric with a soft-bristle brush. Rinse thoroughly with cold water and air dry.
For stubborn stains, add up to half (1/2) cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water. Spray lightly on the fabric. Do not soak. Rinse immediately. Prolonged exposure to harsh chemicals can impact the fabric coating.
Cleaning with harsh cleaners such as bleach may require a re-treatment for restoring water repellency. Glen Raven recommends 303 High Tech Fabric Guard for FIRESIST fabrics.
Cleaning Instructions for AwnTex / Phifertex
1. Vacuum or brush to remove dust and dirt.
2. Prepare a cleaning solution of 1 tbsp. liquid dish detergent and 2 tbsp. of household bleach mixed with a gallon of clean water.
3. Clean fabric with a sponge or cloth dipped in the cleaning solution.
4. Rinse thoroughly with clean water, and let air dry.
5. Avoid direct contact with oils or petroleum-based products, if possible. If direct contact occurs, clean promptly.
Warranty Information: Please contact us for detailed warranty info.
Ready to reap the benefits of custom awnings, canopies, cabanas, sail shades, and much, much more? We’re ready to make it happen. Contact us today to get started.